Thank you for visiting the official
website of the 1600 Communications Association. The 1600 Communications
Association was originally formed in 1968 and was composed of former
members of the White House Army Signal Agency. The Association was
later expanded to include all personnel who served in either the
White House Army Signal Agency or its successor, the White House
Communications Agency. The first Officers of the Association were
elected in 1969 and the first By-laws of the Association were adopted
in 1971, and amended in December of 1984. The Articles of Incorporation
were approved in 1973.
The original purpose of the Association
was to establish and perpetuate a fraternal, benevolent, and social
organization dedicated to the interest and development of its members
who, through the years, provided communications support to the President
of the United States. Additionally, the Association provided job
placement assistance, a scholarship program, and fostered fraternal
relations between corporations and the Government.
This site is primarily intended for
our members' use but we welcome visitors and are always proud to
have the opportunity to increase awareness of the Association, its
history and ongoing mission.
| Interested in purchasing "A Million Miles of Presidents"?
Click here to purchase online.